To view the user guide included in the Sesh® Wireless packaging, click here.
IDENTIFYING YOUR PRODUCT
Before you get started troubleshooting, let's make sure you are reading the correct support page. To identify your True Wireless product, the product name will be printed either inside the charging case on the underside of the lid or on the back body of the charging case.
Want to see even more about Sesh® Wireless? Watch this Product Walkthrough video.
FIRST TIME PAIRING
Because true wireless audio is still pretty new, Sesh® Wireless may be your first experience with this technology. But pairing Sesh® Wireless to your device for the first time is actually really simple. You just have to follow three easy steps:
- Remove your Sesh® Wireless earbuds from the package
- Place them in the charging case, and make sure the LEDs on both earbuds turn red, then close the case.
- Now remove your earbuds from the case.
This process will automatically turn Sesh® Wireless on and put it into pairing mode. You can then select Sesh® Wireless from your device’s list of Bluetooth devices.
Issue: The biggest challenge with true wireless earbuds is maintaining a paired status between both independent buds. There are times when the user will intentionally or unintentionally modify the connected states of the SESH® Wireless buds, this can create a pairing challenge as both the LEFT and RIGHT SESH® Wireless buds because they would then be in different pairing and search modes when powered on. This is an easy fix!
- Turn the Bluetooth on your (mobile or computer) device OFF
- To ensure ease of re-pairing, please unpair or forget your SESH® Wireless in your paired Bluetooth device list
- Power on ONLY your LEFT SESH® Wireless bud by simply removing it from the case. It will be in a NON_CONNECTED or non-paired state due to Bluetooth being off on your device. Leave the other RIGHT bud is in the case
- Press the button 6 times (see below diagram). The LED will flash RED and this will automatically rest and power off the ear bud. Place the LEFT earbud back in the case
- Repeat steps 3-4 with ONLY the RIGHT SESH® Wireless bud
- Next, pull the SESH® Wireless buds from the case to have them automatically power on and start the process of paring to one another
- You will hear one beep indicating the buds have paired together, the LED on the LEFT bud will flash RED and BLUE indicating it has entered into pairing mode
- At this time, turn your device’s Bluetooth back on and re-pair it to your SESH® Wireless buds. You will hear a voice prompt that will notify you that it is now “Connected”
BUDS NOT CHARGING IN CASE/LID NOT CLOSING PROPERLY?
Issue: Not seeing the red LED indicator on both or either earbud when you’ve placed your SESH® Wireless back in the case
- Wait momentarily as the buds connect, occasionally it takes a few seconds to begin charging
- Check to see if any debris is blocking the charging pins in the case, or on the bud
- Check to see if the removable in-ear gels are placed correctly on the acoustic port, this could be keeping the buds from sitting correctly in the case
- This same issue could also be interfering with your case lid when closing, if you’re having a hard time closing the lid correctly, this is an indicator that buds are not set correctly or the gels are interfering.
- When charging the device, we recommend using a cable, charger, or outlet with a power output that does not exceed 18-Watt (5 Volts/3.6amps).
If you’ve checked everything above and are still experiencing issues and/or if the indicator light remains dark and does not come on at all, please visit our warranty page where you can file a claim to receive a replacement product. All Skullcandy products have a 1-year warranty.
SINGLE BUD USE (Mono Mode)
Issue: If you’re a user that would like to use the SESH® Wireless with only one earbud (Mono Mode), you may have some issues when working to repair both buds together (Stereo Mode). You may follow the following simple steps to ensure ease of use when pairing when switching between Mono and Stereo Modes.
- Please note - ONLY the LEFT SESH® Wireless bud can be used in Mono Mode, this is your Master or Main Function bud.
- For the optimal Mono functionality, first Power On and pair BOTH SESH® Wireless buds to your device normally. This will ensure the seamless transition between Stereo and Mono modes
- Once both SESH® Wireless buds are paired together, simply place the RIGHT bud back into the case. The LEFT bud will remain paired and function with both phone calls and music. The transition between Stereo and Mono modes has now been simplified
- You will maintain all LEFT SESH® Wireless bud functionality, but remember you will now lose the RIGHT earbud user interface functionality such as “Volume +/-“, and “Track <</>>” when in Mono Mode
- You can now place the LEFT SESH® Wireless bud back into the case at any time, and again remove only the LEFT bud to use again in Mono Mode. Please allow adequate pairing time, and you will hear the voice prompt “Connected” once the LEFT bud has repaired
- If you would like to change back to Stereo Mode, simply remove the RIGHT SESH® Wireless bud from the case at any time while paired in Mono Mode (or if BOTH buds are in the case simply remove together), and you will hear a single beep to indicate that you have automatically entered back into Stereo Mode. All media functionality has now been restored
- Please Note - If you’ve manually paired ONLY the LEFT Earbud to your device (before pairing both the LEFT and RIGHT buds together) and wish to change back to Stereo Mode, you will need to follow the reset instructions explained above and clear BOTH earbuds to enter back into the correct stereo pairing mode.
Sesh® Wireless has a full suite of controls on each earbud to keep you connected without having to touch your phone.
- To pause or play your music, press either bud once.
- To turn up the volume, press the right bud twice.
- To turn down the volume, press the left bud twice.
- To skip a song forward, press and hold the right bud for 2 seconds.
- To skip a song backward, press and hold the left bud for 2 seconds.
- To take a call on Sesh® Wireless, press either bud once. You can also end the call by pressing either bud once.
- To reject a call, press and hold the right or left bud for 2 seconds.
- To activate your device’s assistant, press the left or right bud 3 times.
BATTERY & CHARGE
WHAT IS THE TOTAL CHARGING TIME FOR SESH® Wireless?
- 1 hour for the earbuds to charge to 100% inside the case
- 2 hours for the case to charge to 100%
CAN I CHARGE SESH® Wireless WITH MY PC/LAPTOP?
- Almost all USB outputs will work to charge your SESH® Wireless earbuds
DOES SESH® Wireless HAVE SOME SORT OF FAST CHARGE?
WHAT IS THE BLUETOOTH RANGE OF THE SESH® Wireless?
- You may be able to listen up to 30+ feet (10 meters) away from your paired device, though your connection experience may vary based on your environment.
CAN I CONNECT SESH® Wireless TO A COMPUTER?
- Yes, as well as to a phone, tablet, MP3 player, or anything else with a Bluetooth connection.
WHICH VERSION OF BLUETOOTH DOES SESH® Wireless USE?
- Bluetooth® version 5.0
WHICH IS THE MASTER EARBUD?
- The LEFT side earbud is your master earbud, this is the earbud you can use in Mono mode (one earbud listening).
WHEN ON A CALL OR LISTENING TO MY CONTENT, WILL I HEAR AUDIO IN ONE (THE LEFT SIDE MASTER) OR BOTH EARBUDS?
- SESH® Wireless has stereo calling so you’ll hear the caller or your content in both ears.
- You do have the option to use only one ear bud (left side) if you prefer a mono solution
CAN I USE SIRI/GOOGLE ASSISTANT/ALEXA WITH MY SESH® Wireless?
- When paired to your device, you can press the LEFT or RIGHT bud three times to activate your assistant feature.
CAN I USE SESH® Wireless FOR SPORTS OR WORKING OUT?
- Yes! SESH® Wireless is sweat, water, and dust resistant (IP55).
PLEASE BE SURE TO REACH OUT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE BEFORE FILING A CLAIM, WE CAN LIKELY HELP YOU QUICKLY TROUBLESHOOT AND SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY EARBUDS BREAK?
- If it is a manufacturer's defect, Skullcandy has you covered with a 1-Year Limited Warranty.