GROM WIRELESS USER GUIDE, TROUBLESHOOTING & FAQs
POWERING ON / OFF & INITIAL PAIRING:
To Power ON your headphones, press and hold the power button for 1 second.
To Power OFF your headphones, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds.
When first powering ON your headphones:
- A tone and purple LED will indicate that your headphones have powered ON.
- A voice prompt will then say “Ready to Pair” as the LEDs will begin to flash red/blue. You are now in Pairing Mode.
- Open the Bluetooth Settings on your device and find “Grom Wireless” in your list of available devices.
- Select your headphones and press confirm if prompted, this will be followed by the “connected” voice prompt. You are now paired to your device.
If you’ve already paired a device, but would like to pair to a new device, you can enter into Pairing Mode while headphone is powered On or Off.
From On, press the Power Button 3 times.
From Off, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds. Your headphone will power ON and enter directly into Pairing Mode.
Just like initial pairing, a voice prompt will say “Ready to Pair” as the LEDs will begin to flash red/blue. Open the Bluetooth Settings on your device and select Grom Wireless in your list of available device. Then hit CONFIRM PAIR on your device.
Grom Wireless has been designed to incorporate easy-to-use controls, which includes a separate power button, a big, easy to press earcup Main Function Button, and an intuitive volume wheel.
Play/Pause your audio or Answer/End a call - press the Multi-Function Button (MFB) one time.
Reject an incoming call - hold the MFB for 1 second.
Track Forward - press the MFB two times.
Track Backward - press the MFB three times.
Volume Up - scroll the volume wheel up.
Volume Down - scroll the volume wheel down.
Activate Assistant – press the power button two times.
Power On – hold the power button for one second.
Power Off – hold the power button for three seconds.
Important Pro Tip: You should always turn the volume to max on your audio source device, this will then give you full volume control from the headphone.
BATTERY LIFE AND CHARGING:
Grom Wireless is loaded with battery life and holds over 45 hours of listening time on a single charge.
To charge your headphones, use the provided USB-C cable. The LED indicator located next to your charge port will let you know if you’re still charging or fully charged.
Red LED = 0%-94%
Green LED = 95%-100%
When the battery has about 45 minutes of play time remaining (about 15% charge), and again with about 20 minutes (8%) of playtime left, a voice prompt will notify you “Battery low.”
With the included Rapid Charge capability, you’ll get over four hours of play time on a 10-minute charge, but if you do happen to run out of battery, an included 3.5mm aux cord means you can plug in your audio anytime, anywhere.
HEADPHONES NOT CHARGING PROPERLY?
Issue: Not seeing the red LED indicator when your USB-C cable is plugged into the headphone and power source?
- Check to see if any debris is blocking the USB-C plug or port.
- Make sure the charging cable is properly inserted into a suitable power source.
ACTIVATE YOUR VOICE ASSITANT:
Who do you ask for help? Siri? Bixby? Google Assistant? Unlike proprietary headphones, Skullcandy work with any assistant.
When paired to a device, simply press the power button two times to activate your device’s local assistant.
VOLUME LIMITED FOR SAFTEY + OVERRIDE FUNCTION
Kid-friendly means you can trust that your child’s hearing is protected and they are listening at safe volume levels.
With the specially designed volume limiter, the sound is safely set to stay under 85db (may vary slightly depending on the source device).
A Volume Limit Override makes it possible to listen in loud situations, such as air travel. This feature will disable the volume limiter with an extra click up on the volume wheel, it’s easy for adults and not-so-easy for kids.
If you have entered Volume Limited Override Mode, a red Skullcandy logo at the bottom of the volume wheel will be revealed as a clear indicator to both child and parent that you’re now listening above 85db.
Important to note: You should always turn the volume to max on your audio source device, this will then give you full volume control from the headphone.
We believe in wireless freedom for all, and Grom Wireless is the proof. It’s everything your little shredder could want — comfortable earcups, an adjustable suspension headband and a travel-friendly, collapsible design, and easy-to-use controls.
The plush earcups have just the right amount of movement to provide a balance and snug fit over their ears, so when you’re putting these on just make sure you have a good seal against the head for the best sound experience.
The adjustable suspension headband strap can provide a custom fit for any child, simply utilize the Velcro on each side of the elastic strap to tighten (decrease fit size) or loosen (make the fit larger).
SHARE AUDIO PORT:
Grom Wireless allows kids the ability to share audio between two headphones from a single phone or tablet. Stream normally to your Grom Wireless and plug the provided 3.5mm aux cable into to the RIGHT earcup audio OUT aux port. You can then plug the other end into another audio IN device, and you’re sharing the audio, it’s that simple.
You can also daisy chain more than two devices together to share audio, but for the best performance we don’t recommend more than 2-3 pairs of headphones.
With all the different ways to communicate these days, of course we made sure that there is a built-in microphone to take calls or chat with friends. Simply use the easy-to-use earcup button to answer, reject, and end calls, or adjust the volume with the volume wheel.
Having Trouble? Don’t return to the store and let us help!
Please ensure the volume has been turned all the way up on your source device, this way you will have full volume controls from the super simple headphone volume wheel. If the source device is turned all the way down or muted, you won’t be able to adjust the volume from the headphone until that is solved.
If you’re having pairing issues, please proceed to Step Two and reset your headphones to get them streaming correctly.
- Power your headphones ON.
- Press the power button and the main function button at the same time (held simultaneously) for 6 seconds.
- A tone will indicate a successful reset, a voice prompt will say “Ready to Pair” and the LED will pulse red/blue.
- Now locate “Grom Wireless” in your available device list and select.
- Accept the “Pair” or “OK” prompt that appears on your screen.
- When pairing is complete, a voice prompt will say “connected.”
If you’re still having a problem with your Grom Wireless headphones, please visit the product support page on our website before filing a warranty claim. We can probably resolve your problem with a simple contact.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Playtime / BATTERY life & Charging:
Battery life and play time is very important to me, how long does the Grom Wireless last?
- There is a mind blowing 45 hours of playtime
What is the total charging time for Grom Wireless via USB-C charging cable?
- 2 hours of charging to reach 100% via the provided USB-C cable.
Does Grom Wireless have fast or rapid charge?
- YES! – Grom Wireless has Rapid Charge technology via the provided USB-C cable.
- 10 minutes of charging = 4+ Hours Playtime
Can I charge Grom Wireless with my Skullcandy Power Accessories/PC/Laptop/?
- Yes. Pretty much all USB-A to USB-C charging will work to charge your headphones.
Does the Grom Wireless pair with the SKULLCANDY or SKULL-iQ APP?
- No, the Grom Wireless will not pair with the Skullcandy or Skull-iQ APP.
What is the Bluetooth range of the Grom Wireless?
- You will be able to listen up to 30+ feet (10+ meters) away from your paired device, though your connection experience may vary based on your environment.
Can I connect the Grom Wireless to a computer?
- Yes as well as to a phone, tablet, MP3 player, laptop, or anything else with a Bluetooth connection.
Can I use Grom Wireless with a PS4/Xbox One/Switch?
- Xbox One: No
- Switch: Yes
- PS4/5: No (but they will if you have a separate BT transmitter dongle)
Which version of Bluetooth does Grom Wireless use?
- Bluetooth® version 5.2
Can I use Siri/Google Assistant/Alexa with my Grom Wireless?
- Yes. When paired to your device, you can activate your local voice assistant feature at any time by pressing the Power Button twice (2x).
Are Grom Wireless ok to use while active?
- Absolutely! The fit is very stable but just be sure to not get them too wet as they are not fully water resistant.
Please be sure to reach out to customer service before filing a claim, we can likely help you quickly trouble shoot and solve your problem
What happens if my headphones break or are lost?
- If it is a manufacturer's defect, Skullcandy has you covered with a 1 Year Limited Warranty.