The Skull-iQ® App supports the following Skullcandy products:
If your app-enabled Skullcandy product is not listed above, please use this guide to Download Your App.
Connect to the Skull-iQ App
- Connect your product to your mobile device in Bluetooth settings
- Open the Skull-iQ app and allow required permissions
- Your proudct should appear as a headphone to connect with, click "Connect"
If your earbuds/headphones are not found, you should enter your product into paring mode.
For Push Active, Grind and Grind Fuel: On the right earbud, press one time then press and hold for one second to make your headphones are discoverable.
- If you are still having trouble, power off, then back on your earbuds/headphones and force close the app. Re-open the Skull-iQ app and re-connect your earbuds/headphones to your mobile phone via Bluetooth connection. Open the Skull-iQ app and click "Connect".
- Check that you are NOT connected or proudct is linked to the other, "Skullcandy App". You can delete the Skullcandy App from your phone.
- If you have a Push Active x Pit VIper, or x Burton collaboration model, the Skull-iQ app will not work for you at this time. You can still connect to, and use the Skullcandy App, found on this link.
Connecting Android Phones:
If you know you have a Skull-iQ app-compatible product and you are having trouble connecting to the Skull-iQ app, follow these steps:
- Make sure the product is on and is Bluetooth paired with your phone. Check your product user guide for pairing instructions, available for all Skullcandy audio products here (https://info.skullcandy.com/Support?Dest=hc%2Fen-us%2Fcategories%2F360000831554-Product-Help-)
- In the app, make sure you have enabled Bluetooth and Location permissions enabled for the Skull-iQ app. If you have declined Location permissions, for example, you may have to go into the app settings and re-enable.
- With location permissions enabled, Bluetooth turned on, and your product connected to your phone, you should be able to connect to the Skull-iQ app.
WHY DO I NEED TO PROVIDE LOCATION SERVICES ON MY ANDROID DEVICE TO CONNECT MY HEADPHONES TO THE Skull-iQ App?
Android requires any app that uses Bluetooth also be granted Location access. The Skull-iQ app uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to connect to your headphones. The use of BLE requires location access to discover Bluetooth devices. If you don’t allow the Skull-iQ app Location access, the Skull-iQ app won’t be able to find and connect to your product. The Skull-iQ app does not track your location or store your data. Please be sure to grant Location permissions to enjoy the app experience!
I noticed Skullcandy has two mobile applications, what is the Skull-iQ app for?
The Skull-iQ App is exclusively for Skullcandy products featuring Smart Feature Technology®. Download the app to experience everything that Skull-iQ offers, including the ability to download new features when they become available. The Skull-iQ App gives users complete control over features such as:
- Hands-Free Voice Control – Turn on hands-free voice functionality to control features like Stay-Aware mode, Spotify®, media controls and more.
- Voice Assistants – Do more with your voice. Say "Hey iHeart", for fast and direct access to your favorite artists and radio, free and without any App downloads. More Voice Assistants coming soon.
- Personalized sound – Take a hearing test and tune your audio device to your unique hearing.
- Customized button settings – Change the way you interact with your device based on the features you use most.
The Skullcandy App supports a series of Skullcandy product families which have different features and functionality than Smart Feature Technology. Learn more here.
Having trouble? Known issues with the Skull-iQ app:
There are a few known issues we are working to overcome in the Skull-iQ App. Find tips below.
Firmware Updates: When you first use the Skull-iQ app, if you are not running the latest available product firmware Skullcandy has released, you will be guided through a firmware update that will take not more than five minutes.
- Android Skull-iQ App users: If it seems like the Firmware Update process it taking longer than five minutes, it may have encounted a problem. Please cancel the firmware update process and once you see the Firmware Update screens again, re-start the process and it should complete successfully the second time through.
Equalizer: Preset and custome EQ options are available for desired audio configuration.
- iOS Skull-iQ App users: On occasion, preset and custom EQ options do not show. We suggest you force quit the app and re-launch the Skull-iQ app. If they still do not present, power your earbuds/headphone off and back on again and reconnect to the Skull-iQ app.
Personal Sound: Allows optimized audio in real time to overcome masking, making it easier to hear every detail at lower, safer volume levels, and tuned to your unique hearing.
- In some cases, it may appear that you have a personalized sound profile already set up. Click through 'Edit your profile' in order to take the hearing test, play with personal sound profile refinement options, or re-test your hearing.