CRUSHER ANC 2 USER GUIDE, TROUBLESHOOTING & FAQs
INITIAL SET UP & PAIRING HELP:
Quick Start Version: (When Powering ON your headphone for the first time)
- To Power ON your headphones, press and hold the power button for 1 second.
- A tone and blue LED will indicate that your headphones have powered ON.
- Voice prompts will also notify you of your current battery life and will then say “ANC ON”.
- You will then hear “Ready to Pair” as the LEDs will begin to pulse red/blue. You are now in Pairing Mode.
- Open Bluetooth Settings on your device and find “Crusher ANC 2” in your list of available devices
- Then hit CONFIRM PAIR on your device and you’re good to go!
Another quick way to enter Pairing Mode when your headphones are OFF is to press and hold the power button for 6 seconds. Your Crusher ANC 2 will power ON and enter directly into Pairing Mode.
Multipoint Pairing: (Connecting to a 2nd device after initial pairing)
This feature makes it possible to pair your headphones with two devices at once. The connection is managed automatically so after you’ve paired your second device, you won’t miss any calls while you’re streaming your favorite music and videos.
For example — while watching YouTube videos on your laptop, you can take a call on your phone without the hassle of disconnecting from one device to pair with another.
To utilize Multipoint Pairing and pair to a second device when you’re already powered ON and connected to a device:
- Press the power button once, and then press and hold it down for 1 second.
- This will again enter your headphones into Pairing Mode and the voice prompt will say “Ready to Pair.”
- The headphone LED will pulse red/blue and you can then select the second device from the new available Bluetooth device list. A voice prompt will say “Connected”.
As mentioned above, once paired to the second device, you will be able to seamlessly stream from either device as needed.
Streaming Audio with Multipoint:
- After pairing two devices to your headphone via Multipoint:
- At no time will both devices stream audio simultaneously. When you begin to play from one device, the other will automatically pause until you press play on that device.
- For example, if you press play on the idle device while the other is streaming audio, the streaming device will automatically pause and your new device will start streaming.
Powering Off and On:
- After you’ve paired to two devices and then powered off, when powering your headphone back on you will automatically pair to the two most recently paired devices.
Streaming Audio, Phone Calls, Prompt Tones and Voice Assistant with Multipoint:
- With your headphones, if you’re streaming audio from one device and get a phone/Zoom call on the other, the streaming audio will automatically pause and the call device will take priority.
- Once the call has ended, the audio will then resume on the previously streaming device.
- Similary, if there is an important notification prompt tone from the device that is not currently streaming, the audio will pause briefly to notify the user, and then streaming will resume normally.
- What happens if I’m currently on an active call and the second device gets an incoming call?
- The user will always need to end the first active call before the second can be answered.
- You will not be able to have two active calls going at the same time.
- Important to note, if you are currently on an active call when the second device gets an incoming call, it can only be received by the device controls)
- If there are no active calls (and not streaming audio) on either device, the first call incoming or outgoing on either device will take priority.(Important to note in this scenario, incoming calls will need to be received by the headphone button controls 1x press on the multi-function button)
- With your headphones, the native Voice Assistant:
- Cannot be activated during any sequence of active or outgoing calls.
- Can be activated from either device, but only when streaming is idle on both devices.
- Can be activated while streaming audio, but only from the same device that is streaming.
If you’d prefer to only pair to one device at a time, you can go into the Skull-iQ App and turn OFF Multipoint Pairing.
QUICK START DEFAULT USER CONTROLS
Crusher ANC 2 has Hands-Free Voice Control capability that must be activated in the Skull-iQ App, but out of the box you can also use your on-board default button controls to keep you connected and in control of your Bluetooth enabled device.
Power ON your headphones: press and hold the power button for 1 second.
- Power OFF your headphones: press the power button for 3 seconds.
- Play or pause your audio or answer/end a call: press the multi-function button (MFB) once.
- Reject an incoming call: press the MFB for 3 seconds.
- For more/less Crusher bass: scroll the Crusher intensity wheel up/down.
- Turn volume UP: press the volume ‘+’ Button once.
- Turn volume DOWN: press the volume ‘-‘ Button once.
- Turn ANC or Stay-Aware Mode ON/OFF: toggle the ANC switch.
- Toggle through your Crusher Sensory Bass Presets (20%, 50%, 80%): press the Crusher clickwheel.
- Turn Crusher Sensory Bass ON/OFF: press and hold the Crusher intensity wheel for 1 second.
- Directly launch Spotify®: press and hold the MFB for 3 seconds.
Skullcandy Crusher Bass is the original, one-and-only immersive sensory bass experience. It isn’t just deeper, it’s adjustable bass you can actually feel.
You can adjust the level of Crusher Sensory Bass you feel using Hands-Free Voice Control or with the Crusher Wheel on the left earcup. You can scroll the wheel (you’ll hear maximum and minimum tones as you scroll up and down) or simply press it in like a button to toggle through the preset sensory bass settings of 20%, 50%, and 80% of the total Crusher experience.
Crusher Bass level can also be adjusted with a slider in the Skull-iQ App.
You can also turn Crusher ON or OFF by pressing the Crusher Wheel and holding for one second.
We’ve partnered with Spotify® to create an instant path to your music with a simple button press or voice command.
Press and hold the Main Function Button for 3 seconds or use the voice command “Hey Skullcandy, Spotify.”
This starts your playlist back up from where you left off or will queue up music based upon your stellar taste in music.
SKULL-iQ SMART FEATURE TECHNOLOGY®
Skull-iQ Smart Feature Technology® will change the way you listen to music, podcasts and movies. It features Hands-Free Voice Control, and gives you access to new features and upgrades through the Skull-iQ App.
To unlock your headphones’ Skull-iQ features, scan the QR code in your Quick Start Guide to download the Skull-iQ App.
Once you’ve paired your headphones to your device, open the Skull-iQ App and it will automatically link.
The app allows you to enable Hands-Free Voice Control in five different languages, customize your button functions, adjust your ANC and Stay-Aware Mode intensity, create your own personalized sound profile powered by Mimi®, select preset or custom EQ Modes, take photos with a custom button setting or voice command, access user guides and update new features when they become available.
You also have access to other voice assistants, like Alexa and iHeartRadio. Just enable them in the Skull-iQ App for a direct connection.
You can ask Alexa to add something to your shopping list, or ask iHeart to play your favorite artist or genre - no additional app downloads needed. Just say “Hey iHeart”.
HANDS-FREE VOICE CONTROL
For both Android and iOS, the Skull-iQ App is required.
Once your headphones have linked with the Skull-iQ App, Hands-Free Voice Control will be enabled each time you power on and pair your device. You may also disable this feature in the app at any time if desired.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, connect your headphones and turn voice control ON.
Each time you power ON your headphones, you will be notified “Voice control ON.” Now you’re ready to issue “Hey, Skullcandy” commands.
You can also enable other voice assistants in the app, such as Amazon’s Alexa. Once turned on, just say “Alexa” and then follow up with your request, such as “what’s the weather” or “track my order.”
Voice controls will work as long as the app is running in the background, even if the phone is locked. So, if you find your voice commands aren’t working, try re-opening the app to reconnect.
Voice control is an amazingly freeing experience. Imagine dropping your phone into your bag, and then controlling your music and answering a call, or activating your device’s assistant to send a message, all without ever touching your phone.
Hands-Free Voice Control will generally work very well in quieter situations like your home office, or when running, hiking or riding on quieter streets.
Once you’ve turned voice controls ON in the Skull-iQ App, you’re ready to stow your phone in your pocket or backpack while still having full Hands-Free Voice Control.
Your headphones respond to commands in one of five different languages — English, Spanish, French, German or Chinese. You can choose the language you’d like to use in the Skull-iQ App.
First, say “Hey Skullcandy”. You’ll hear a tone which lets you know that Skull-iQ is listening, and then quickly follow this up with one of the commands listed below:
- "Next" to go to next track
- "Previous" to re-start track
- "Volume Up"
- "Volume Plus 1/2/3/4/5"
- "Volume Down"
- "Volume Minus 1/2/3/4/5"
- “More Crusher”
- “Less Crusher”
- "ANC ON" to turn on Noise Cancelling
- "ANC OFF" to turn off Noise Cancelling
- "Stay-Aware ON" to turn on Stay-Aware Mode
- "Stay-Aware OFF" to turn off Stay-Aware Mode
- "Spotify" to launch Spotify
- "Assistant" to trigger your device’s native voice assistant
- "Take Photo"
To accept or reject a call, simply say “Accept” or “Reject” when ringing. No wake word necessary.
Pro tip: you can adjust your phone settings to announce who’s calling you, so you can accept or reject without ever checking your phone.
All voice commands are available for quick reference in the app. You will also find them in the printed Quick Start Guide that came with your headphones.
Voice control will stop working if you quit the app while the headphones are connected. So, when in doubt, open the Skull-iQ App and make sure voice control is set to ON.
ACTIVATE YOUR ASSISTANT HANDS-FREE
You can interact with your device’s assistant directly with a voice command. Just say, “Hey Skullcandy, Assistant” and follow up with a question or command as you normally would.
You also have access to other voice assistants, like Alexa and iHeartRadio. Just enable them in the Skull-iQ App for a direct connection.
You can ask Alexa to add something to your shopping list, or ask iHeart to play your favorite artist or genre - no additional app downloads needed. Just say “Hey iHeart.”
Where does voice control work best and what factors that can impact Voice control:
Voice control is an amazing, freeing experience. Imagine plopping your phone in your backpack, and then controlling your music and answering a call, all without ever taking your hands off the handlebars of your bike. Like any technology, it also has some limitations and will work better under some conditions than others.
For example, voice control will generally work very well in quieter situations like your home office, or when running, hiking, or riding on quieter streets or trails. Even the noise of a passing car or average office noise is not usually a problem. Some testers have reported that even while riding a bike on the busy streets of Munich, voice controls worked surprisingly well. Your mileage may vary.
Generally speaking, walking or running along very noisy streets, or sitting in a bustling café will reduce the ability of the earphone to “hear” you when you speak, and may reduce accuracy of voice commands. You may also experience a higher incidence of “false triggers” where the voice control triggers even though you didn’t speak the wake words “Hey Skullcandy”.
In noisier environments, you may have to speak the voice commands more loudly or may need to repeat them. If your environment becomes loud enough, voice controls may not respond regardless of how loudly you speak. How loud is too loud? Likely, if you have a hard time hearing someone else speak to you, it’s probably going to be hard for the headphone to hear you, too.
Wind also creates intense aerodynamic turbulence that can overload the microphones needed to pick up your voice. Voice Control will generally work in winds up to 8MPH, but you may have to raise your voice. Voice control success in winds higher than 8MPH will depend on wind direction and other factors.
For example, running an 8-minute mile in calm conditions produces the equivalent of an 8MPH headwind. Racing downhill on a mountain bike is much higher, and voice control may not work in these cases, or when you are in a windy situation.
ADJUSTABLE ACTIVE NOISE CANCELING & ADJUSTABLE STAY-AWARE MODE
Your new headphones come with Adjustable Digital Active Noise Cancelling and Adjustable Stay-Aware Mode. These features let you adjust the amount of outside noise you want to shut out and would like to let in.
A slider in the Skull-iQ App allows you to customize your ANC and Stay-Aware Mode levels up or down to focus on what you’re listening to or amplify the sounds around you. Once adjusted in the app, your chosen level will remain when you turn your headphones off and back on again.
This is especially nice at the airport, whether it’s on the plane when you need your silence, or when you’re in the terminal and need to hear announcements while staying aware of your surroundings.
To move through your Adjustable ANC or Stay-Aware Modes, simply press the toggle switch.
You also have the ability to turn ANC and Stay-Aware Mode ON and OFF in the App, and with a voice command.
To turn Stay-Aware ON, just say “Hey Skullcandy, Stay-Aware ON.”
And to turn it off, say “Hey Skullcandy, Stay-Aware OFF.”
To turn ANC ON, say “Hey Skullcandy, ANC ON.”
And to turn it OFF, say “Hey Skullcandy, ANC OFF.”
MIMI® PERSONAL SOUND
Everyone’s hearing is different — that’s why Crusher ANC 2 features Personal Sound by Mimi®. By taking a short hearing test in the Skull-iQ App, you’ll create a personalized sound profile which the app uses to tune your headphones to your unique hearing. You’ll pick up on details in your music that you never even knew were there.
It’s like having prescription glasses for your ears — it will allow you to hear your music EXACTLY as it was meant to sound.
In the app, locate your headphones and toggle Personal Sound ON. Follow the prompts to take the quick audio test.
You’ll be asked whether you hear a sound. Simply answer yes or no and complete the test for both ears.
After you’ve completed the test, the app will create a personal sound profile that’s matched perfectly to your unique hearing.
CLEAR VOICE SMART MIC
Crusher ANC 2 is equipped with Clear Voice Smart Mic. It uses artificial intelligence to isolate the speaker’s voice and reduce background noise.
Clear Voice Smart Mic is especially effective at eliminating discontinuous noise — the kind of background chatter you’d find in a crowded coffee shop or airport.
CUSTOMIZE BUTTON FUNCTIONS
You can personalize your headphones through the Skull-iQ App by customizing your controls.
Some default settings and other un-assigned button settings can be re-configured through the Skull-iQ App on the headphone’s Main Function Button (MFB), Volume Up, Volume Down or the Crusher clickwheel button.
Here are the custom button functions that you can configure to your preferred control settings.
- Single press (1x)
- Double press (2x)
- Triple press (3x)
- Press and hold (1 second)
- Press and hold (3 seconds)
These function controls can be customized in the Skull-iQ App:
- Track back
- Volume up
- Volume down
- Activate assistant
- Spotify Tap
- Take photo
TAKE A PHOTO
The Take Photo feature allows your headphones to act as a wireless remote for your device’s camera.
This can be controlled through a voice command. Just say, “Hey Skullcandy, take photo” to trigger your device’s camera.
Just set one of the custom button settings on your headphone to the Take Photo feature in the Skull-iQ App, and then open the camera on your device.
As long as your headphones are linked with the device and app, your custom button setting will take a picture or start and stop recording on command.
For best results, set the timer in your camera’s settings so you have a few seconds delay before snapping a pic. This gives you time to nail the perfect shot of your kick flip.
PRESET EQs + CUSTOM 5-BAND EQ MODES
To help you get the best sound quality from your content, your headphones also feature preset EQ modes for music, podcasts, and movies - as well as a 5-band Customizable EQ Mode.
The four modes are:
- Music Mode
- Podcast Mode
- Movie Mode
- Custom EQ Mode
Your default EQ setting is “Music Mode,” which is great for general listening.
Podcast Mode removes most of the bass response. It’s great for podcasts or audio books.
Movie Mode enhances dialog and detail in your audio. It creates an immersive experience within your favorite media.
To switch between EQ Modes, go into the Skull-iQ App and select your preferred audio setting.
A voice prompt will notify you each time your EQ mode changes.
ADD NEW FEATURES AND UPGRADES AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SKULL-iQ APP
Instead of buying new headphone for the latest features, your Skull-iQ-enabled headphones allow you to add new features as they’re developed.
This means that over time, we’ll add more hands-free voice controls, including the ability for deeper user customization and other totally new features — all delivered through firmware updates via the Skull-iQ App.
It is very important to always be sure your headphone are updated to the latest firmware to ensure the best performance and user experience, so please don’t forget to take this time to improve your product with the most up-to-date upgrades and features.
HOW IT WORKS:
Occasionally, you’ll receive notifications through the Skull-iQ App that your product is ready for a firmware update.
FOTA (Firmware Over-The-Air) updates will be prompted on the home page of your linked product, and you will simply press the “Update” button for more detailed information before getting started with your upgrade.
After reviewing the firmware improvements and/or feature upgrades, swipe forward and get ready to begin your update. This will take about 5-10 minutes, and please note that your headphone will need to have a battery capacity over 25% to begin. Once you’ve pressed the “Start the update” button, be sure to maintain a constant WIFI or cellular service, keep your headphone and device powered on and close together to maintain the Bluetooth connection, and do not exit the Skull-iQ App (this can update in the background, but the App must continue running).
Once the update process has finished, you will be notified that your firmware update was successfully completed.
Crusher ANC 2 is loaded with battery life. With ANC ON, it holds up to 50 hours of listening time on a single charge!
To charge your headphones, use the provided USB-C cable.
Every time you power your headphones ON, the battery report will tell you how much battery life you have as a percentage. You can also check your battery life in the Skull-iQ App or from your paired device.
When your battery has about 45 minutes of play time remaining (about 15% charge), and again with about 20 minutes (8%) of playtime left, a voice prompt will notify you “Battery low.”
The LED will show red or blue as follows to indicate battery life percentage remaining.
Red = 0%-94%
Blue = 95%-100%
With our Rapid Charge feature, a 10-minute charge will provide more than 4 hours of play time.
TILE™ FINDING TECHNOLOGY
To make sure you never lose your headphones, Crusher ANC 2 comes with Tile™ finding technology built-in.
The Tile tracking feature is easy to set up and will allow you to locate your headphones if you’re having trouble finding them.
When searching for your missing headphones, you can also use the Tile app to sound a tone from your headphones to help you locate them.
First, you’ll need to download the free Tile app and then follow the on-screen instructions to connect the app to your headphones so they’re easily trackable.
Having trouble? Don’t return to the store and let us help!
If you’re having pairing difficulties, you can reset Crusher ANC 2 by clearing the paired device list.
- First, remove your headphone from your device’s Bluetooth paired list and turn Bluetooth OFF.
- Power your headphones ON.
- Press the Volume Down button for 6 seconds.
- A tone will indicate a successful reset, and the headphones LED will quickly flash PURPLE 3 times.
- A voice prompt will say “Ready to Pair” and the LED will pulse RED/BLUE.
- Now, turn on your device’s Bluetooth and select “CRUSHER ANC 2”.
- Accept the “Pair” or “OK” prompt that appears on your screen.
- When pairing is complete, a voice prompt will say “connected.”
If you’re still having a problem with your Crusher ANC 2 headphones, please visit the product support page on our website before filing a warranty claim. We can probably resolve your problem with a simple contact.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please note that the Skull-iQ App will only be supported on your mobile devices, and will not have app support with your PC, iPad and MacBook.
Additionally, always be sure that you have updated your headphone to the latest firmware release to enjoy the best performance upgrades, user experience, and new features.
LINKING WITH THE SKULL-iQ APP
I’m having trouble linking my headphones to the Skull-iQ App, what should I do?
- You will want to make sure the device’s Bluetooth is enabled, and your headphones are powered on and paired to your device.
- At this time the Skull-iQ App will search for available devices and once found, an image of your headphone will appear. Simply press “Connect” and you should be linked and ready to go. (Please also note, if you’re in a crowded space, be sure the app isn’t attempting to link to another Skullcandy product nearby.)
- If your Skull-iQ App is unable to search and link with your headphone, close/exit the app and re-open the Skull-iQ App. If it still doesn’t link, close/exit the app, go to your Bluetooth settings on your device and turn Bluetooth off and back on again. This will unpair and pair your headphone with your device. Then re-open the Skull-iQ App. Your headphone should link with the app.
FIRMWARE UPDATES WITH THE SKULL-iQ APP
I’ve attempted to complete the firmware update in the Skull-iQ App, but the download failed…what can I do?
- Please make sure that your headphones remain powered on, connected to Bluetooth and your device, and linked with the Skull-iQ App.
- Make sure that your device remains powered on, paired to your headphone, and maintains constant WIFI or cellular service.
- Make sure your headphones are charged with more than 25% battery to complete the upgrades.
Do I need to be linked with the Skull-iQ App for this feature to work?
- No, this feature is set up in your default settings as a 3 second press on the main function button – although, you may also customize this button action within the Skull-iQ App.
Do I need to have the Spotify app downloaded on my phone for this feature to work?
- Yes, you will need to have the Spotify app downloaded on your phone as well as an active registered account.
Hands-Free Voice Control
Will voice control work right out of the box?
- No, you will need to first download the Skull-iQ App and link your Skull-iQ enabled product to the app to enable hands-free voice control.
- You will be notified with a voice prompt, “Voice Control ON” when enabled. You will also be able to turn voice control ON and OFF in the app as desired.
Do I need to keep the Skull-iQ App open for Voice Control to function?
- iOS users will only need to keep the Skull-iQ App running in the background to maintain voice control functionality.
- Android users will be able to link to the Skull-iQ App and close the app while still maintaining hands-free voice control functionality.
- You will always be notified if your voice controls are ON or OFF via a voice prompt during power up and when enabling and disabling in the app.
Sometimes I hear the tone that indicates voice controls were “listening”, is there something wrong with my product?
- No, this is normal, but should not be a common occurrence. This is called a “false trigger” and it is when your headphones may hear a phrase that sounds like, “Hey Skullcandy”. Although it should not impact your everyday use, it may occasionally happen.
Do I need to speak loudly for this feature to work?
- No, you should be able to speak normally in most scenarios for the microphone to hear your commands. Though situation dependent, you might need to speak a little bit louder in noisy or windy environments.
Will my voice controls always work perfectly?
- Not always, there are some limitations that will interfere with the hands-free voice control performance. Mainly loud surrounding noise or high winds can impede the microphone from being able to always hear your commands.
Can I answer phone calls hands-free?
- Yes! When receiving a phone call, simply say, “accept” and you will be able to answer your call hands-free.
- You can also say “reject” if you are not able to take your call at that moment.
- No “wake-word” is needed for this feature, so you don’t have to say “Hey Skullcandy” before these commands.
Will my accent impact voice control performance?
- Possibly, but we have tested these controls with accents from around the world with great success.
If I switch devices from my phone that has linked to the Skull-iQ App, to a device that does not have the Skull-iQ App, does my hands-free voice control still work?
- No, you will not have the Skull-iQ features such as hands-free voice control when active on a device that does not have the Skull-iQ App downloaded.
Customize Button Functions
How easy is it to customize my headphone controls?
- This is done very easily through the Skull-iQ App, where you can indepentantly customize the actions on each of the available buttons.
Can I customize all headphone functions?
- No, you won’t be able to chance all functions, but most media controls are available to customize.
Will my custom button actions/functions be saved even if I power off/restart my device?
- Yes, once your controls are customized in the Skull-iQ App they will be saved until you make changes.
If I get a new phone and need to re-download the Skull-iQ App, will my controls by saved?
- No, you will need to re-link to the Skull-iQ App and customize your headphones again.
If I switch devices from my phone that has linked to the Skull-iQ App, to a device that does not have the Skull-iQ App, do my customized button functions still work?
- Yes, your custom UI controls will be saved but you will not have the Skull-iQ features such as hands-free voice control.
I don’t understand, what is this?
- This feature will allow your headphone to become a wireless remote for your phone’s camera. Simply set up the custom button action in the Skull-iQ App, open your camera app on your phone, and press the button action to activate the camera shutter wirelessly! That means you can take still photos or start/end a video with a simple press of your headphone button.
- Great for group shots and selfies without having to set your phone and race against the timer.
- Leave your headphone on your head and set the timer on your phone so you can press them and not get caught with your hands on your ears.
Do I need to set up the Take Photo feature as a custom button action?
- Yes, this is not a default UI setting, so you will need the Skull-iQ App and a Skull-iQ enabled product to use the Take Photo feature.
Do I need a special camera app for this to work?
- No, this feature will work directly with your phone’s existing camera and will utilize the existing shutter settings.
Personal Sound Powered by Mimi®
What is the Personal Sound feature for Crusher ANC 2?
- Personal Sound technology allows you to tune the headphone to your unique hearing.
- It’s like having prescription glasses for your ears — it will allow you to hear your music exactly as it was meant to sound.
Do I need the Skull-iQ App to access this feature?
- Yes, In the Skull-iQ App, open Crusher ANC 2 and toggle on Personal Sound. Follow the prompts to take the audio test.
- You will be asked to press and hold the earbud button while a tone is played. Once you no longer hear the tone you will simply release the button, and you will complete the test for both ears/headphone.
- After you’ve completed the test, the app will create a personal sound profile that’s matched perfectly to your individual hearing. There will also be a slider tool in the app that allows you to increase or decrease the amount of tuning in your personal sound profile.
Is this feature always ON after completing the hearing test and creating my personal sound profile?
- You can turn your Personal Sound Profile on or off in the app any time. You can also delete your profile and retake the test to create a new profile.
If more than one person uses the same mobile device, can we create more than one profile?
- Yes, you can create multiple personal sound profiles (per device) within the Skull-iQ App.
Play time/BATTERY life & CHARGING:
Battery life and play time is very important to me. How long does the battery on the Crusher ANC 2 last?
- There is up to 50 hours of play time with ANC ON!
- Up to 60 hours of play time with ANC OFF.
What is the total charging time for Crusher ANC 2 via USB-C charging cable?
- 2.5 hours charging to 100% via USB-C cable
Does Crusher ANC 2 have some sort of fast charge?
- YES! Crusher ANC 2 has Rapid Charge technology via the provided USB-C cable and internally for the headphone.
- 10 minutes of charging via USB-C = 4+ Hours Play time
Can I charge Crusher ANC 2 with my Skullcandy Power Accessories/PC/Laptop?
- Yes. Pretty much all USB-A to USB-C charging cables will work to charge your Crusher ANC 2 headphone.
How do you change between EQ settings, and what’s the difference?
- While paired to a device and linked to the Skull-iQ App, you can toggle between the EQ Modes only from within the app. A voice prompt will notify you as you switch between EQ Modes.
When is the best time to use Adjustable ANC and Stay-Aware Mode, and how do I turn it on and off?
- Active Noise Cancelling will allow you to quiet your surroundings so that you’re able to shut out the noise when wearing your headphones.
- You may prefer Stay-Aware Mode for exercising or when you’re in a busy environment. Allowing some ambient noise around you can increase safety or will simply enhance the voices around you without having to remove your headphones.
- You can also turn ON/OFF ANC and Stay-Aware Mode via Hands-Free Voice Control.
What is the Tile® tracking feature and how does it work?
- The Tile® Finding Technology feature will allow you to locate your headphones if it’s been misplaced.
- You will need to download the free Tile app for this feature to function with your device, and it is very easy to set up!
- When you’ve downloaded the Tile app and are ready to link your headphones, follow the simple steps in the Tile app to get started.
- With a single tap you will have them connected and ready to track your Crusher ANC 2 anytime necessary!
Does the Crusher ANC 2 link with the Skull-iQ App?
- Yes! Crusher ANC 2 will link with the Skull-iQ App and is required to unlock Skull-iQ Smart Feature Technology features such as Hands-Free Voice Control, Custom Action Buttons, EQ Modes and more!
What is the Bluetooth range of the Crusher ANC 2?
- You will be able to listen up to 30+ feet (10+ meters) away from your paired device, though your connection experience may vary based on your environment.
Can I connect Crusher ANC 2 to a computer?
- Yes, as well as to a phone, tablet, MP3 player, laptop, and other devices with a Bluetooth connection.
Can I use Crusher ANC 2 with a PS4/Xbox One/Switch?
- Xbox One: No
- Switch: Yes
- PS4: No
Which version of Bluetooth does Crusher ANC 2 use?
- Bluetooth® version 5.2
Can I use Siri/Google Assistant/Alexa/iHeart etc. with my Crusher ANC 2?
- Yes. When paired to your device and linked to the Skull-iQ App, you can customize the button UI to activate your voice assistant feature at any time, or activate your Voice Control and say, “Hey Skullcandy, Assistant”, and follow this with any request necessary.
- You also have access to other voice assistants, like Alexa and iHeartRadio. Just enable them in the Skull-iQ App for a direct connection.
- You can ask Alexa to add something to your shopping list, or ask iHeart to play your favorite artist or genre - no additional app downloads needed. Just say “Hey iHeart.”
Can I use Crusher ANC 2 for sports or working out?
- Yes, but Crusher ANC 2 is not sweat and water resistant so be careful and avoid getting wet when possible.
Please be sure to reach out to customer service before filing a claim, we can likely help you quickly trouble shoot and solve your problem***
What happens if my headphone breaks or is lost?
- If it is a manufacturer's defect, Skullcandy has you covered with a 1 Year Limited Warranty.