To view the user guide included in the Sesh® Evo packaging, click here.
IDENTIFYING YOUR PRODUCT
Before you get started troubleshooting, let's make sure you are reading the correct support page. To identify your True Wireless product, the product name will be printed either inside the charging case on the underside of the lid or on the back body of the charging case.
Issue: The biggest challenge with true wireless earbuds is ensuring your buds are properly connected to each other and your device. There are times when users will unintentionally disconnect the buds and change their paired state, this can create pairing challenges and impact your ability to use either bud solo (Master Role Switching). Do not worry, as this is an easy fix!
- To ensure re-pairing, please unpair or "forget" your SESH® EVO in your paired Bluetooth device list. (?)
- Remove the SESH® EVO from the charging case and Manually Power OFF:
- Touch and hold BOTH buds for 6 seconds
- Once both buds have been powered OFF:
- Touch and hold each bud for 10 seconds to completely reset them (this will power cycle them on and off again).
- Once both buds have gone through the power cycle:
- Place the buds back in the case until both LED’s show red, and then pull them back out.
- Both buds will automatically power ON and the LED’s will simultaneously flash BLUE while they sync to each other.
- Once the buds have synced together:
- You will hear a tone to indicate the sync was successful and ONLY the LEFT bud will begin to flash RED/BLUE.
- At this time, turn on your device’s Bluetooth and look for SESH® EVO in your list of Available Bluetooth devices. Please make sure it only appears once, and select it.
- IMPORTANT – Select all “Pair” and “Ok” prompts that will pop up on your screen.
- Once successfully paired, a voice prompt will notify you are now “Connected”
*** When pairing to your Sesh®️ Evo, be sure to ONLY select the product name from the available device pairing list (it will appear exactly as "Sesh Evo"). ***
Since your Tile® enabled product gives off different Bluetooth connection points, you will also see your product name followed by –LE, such as “Sesh Evo-LE”. You don’t want to select this when it appears in your available devices list. This is the Low-Energy Bluetooth connection that the Tile® App uses for their bud tracking functionality.
USE EITHER BUD SOLO
Issue: If you would like to use the SESH® EVO with only one earbud (audio will switch from Stereo Mode to Mono Mode), you’re in luck! The updated technology in SESH® EVO allows you to use either the left OR the right bud alone. Once paired correctly, you will be able to switch between buds at your discretion. Although, if you’re having any challenges switching between buds, you may follow these simple steps to ensure ease of use when pairing and switching between Mono and Stereo Modes.
- Please note – BOTH the LEFT and RIGHT bud for SESH® EVO can be used in Mono Mode, this is because the new tech allows Master Role Switching capabilities.
- For the optimal Mono Mode functionality, first Power On and pair your buds to your device normally or as described in our troubleshooting section. This will ensure the seamless transition between Stereo and Mono modes.
- Once both SESH® EVO buds are paired together, simply place the RIGHT or LEFT bud back into the case; whichever you prefer! The remaining bud will stay paired and function with both phone calls and music.
- You will maintain bud functionality, but remember you will lose some of the media control functionality such as “Volume +/-“, and “Track <</>>”, depending on which bud you are using in Mono Mode. The RIGHT bud will always control Volume Up and Track forward, and the LEFT bud will always control Track Back.
- If you would like to change back to Stereo Mode from Mono Mode, simply pull the other bud from the case at any time and you will hear a tone, or the music will seamlessly begin to stream to indicate that you have automatically entered back into Stereo Mode.
- Please Note - If you’re having any trouble switching between the LEFT and RIGHT buds in Mono Mode, you will need to follow the reset instructions explained above and clear BOTH earbuds and re-pair them to enter back into the correct paired state to allow you to use them together or solo.
BUDS NOT CHARGING IN CASE/CASE LID NOT CLOSING PROPERLY?
Issue: Not seeing the RED LED indicator on the bud when you’ve placed your SESH® EVO back in the case?
- Wait momentarily as the buds connect, occasionally it takes a few seconds to begin charging
- Check to see if any debris is blocking the charging pins in the case, or on the bud
- Check to see if the removable in-ear gels are placed correctly on the acoustic port, this could be keeping the buds from sitting correctly in the case
- This same issue could also be interfering with your case lid when closing, if you’re having a hard time closing the lid correctly, this is an indicator that buds are not set correctly or the gels are interfering.
- When charging the device, we recommend using a cable, charger, or outlet with a power output that does not exceed 18-Watt (5 Volts/3.6amps).
If you’ve checked everything above and are still experiencing issues and/or if the indicator light remains dark and does not come on at all, please visit our warranty page where you can file a claim to receive a replacement product. All Skullcandy products have a 1-year warranty.
Here are more detailed activation instructions:
- Download and open the Tile app on your smartphone or tablet
- Tap the + on the top left corner of your screen
- On the Add a Device page, choose Skullcandy and select the Tile enabled headphones
- Press the button on your Tile device and listen for the tune
- Hold the Tile close to your device until they connect, it should take about ten seconds
- That is all! Your Skullcandy headphones are now activated with Tile!
LOCATING YOUR DEVICE WITH TILE
- When searching for misplaced headphones, use the Tile app to audibly locate them. In the Tile app, tap “find” and listen for your headphones playing the Tile tune.
- Detailed instructions on how to ring your headphones:
- Ring your Tile from the Tile app when it is within Bluetooth range
- Open up the Tile app to find your list of Tiles.
- Tap the headphones you want to ring.
- Tap the green “Find” button
- Listen for the Tile tune!
- After you’ve found your Tile, tap the blue “Done” button or press once firmly on the Tile button to make your Tile stop ringing.
BATTERY & CHARGE
What is the total charging time for SESH® EVO?
- 1 hour for the earbuds to charge to 100% inside the case
- 2 hours for the case to charge to 100%
Battery life and play time is very important to me. How long does the SESH® EVO last?
- There is up to 5+ hours of play time in the earbuds, and up to 19+ hours in the case, allowing up to 24 Hours of total play time.
Can I charge SESH® EVO with my Skullcandy Power Accessories/PC/Laptop/?
- Pretty much all USB-C charging cables will work to charge your SESH® EVO earbuds.
Does SESH® EVO have some sort of fast charge?
- YES! – SESH® EVO has Rapid Charge technology featuring a USB-C charging port and cable.
- 10 Minutes of charge for the earbuds will provide 2+ hours of playtime, and 10 minutes of charge in the charging case will provide 4 hours of playtime.
What is the benefit of the Use Either Bud Solo feature and functionality?
- This feature also allows you to utilize either the LEFT or RIGHT bud in Mono/Solo Mode, rather than being limited to just one specific side.
How do you change between EQ settings, and what’s the difference?
- While paired, you simply press the LEFT or RIGHT bud 4x and you will hear a voice prompt notifying you each time it changes to a new preset EQ. You will cycle through the EQ modes each time you complete the 4x tap. The 3 modes are Music Mode, Podcast Mode, and Movie Mode.
- Your default EQ setting is “Music Mode”, great for general listening.
- Podcast mode removes most of the bass response and is great for podcasts or narrated books.
- Movie mode is great for most media, increasing the loudness and bass just a bit to enhance your favorite action-packed shows and movies.
What is the TILE® tracking feature and how does it work?
- The TILE® tracking feature will allow you to locate your earbuds if you’ve misplaced them or they have been taken.
- You will need to download the TILE App for this feature to function with your device, and it is very easy to set up!
- Simply follow the steps for TILE® to find your device, and with a single tap on each bud you will have them connected and ready to track anytime necessary.
- Once your earbuds are ready to track from the TILE App, you can track them on a map, as well as sound a tone from each bud.
Does the SESH® EVO sound better than the previous SESH®? (Optional add)
- Yes, we’ve integrated a new driver and improved tuning for a more premium listening experience.
Does the SESH® EVO pair with SKULLCANDY APP?
- Sorry but the SESH® EVO will not pair with the SKULLCANDY APP.
What is the Bluetooth range of the SESH® EVO?
- You will be able to listen up to 30+ feet (10+ meters) away from your paired device, though your connection experience may vary based on your environment.
Can I connect SESH® EVO to a computer?
- Yes as well as to a phone, tablet, MP3 player, laptop, or anything else with a Bluetooth connection.
Can I use SESH® EVO with a PS4/Xbox One/Switch?
- Xbox One: No
- Switch: Yes
- PS4: No
Which version of Bluetooth does SESH® EVO use?
- Bluetooth® version 5.0
Which side of SESH® EVO is considered the “Master” bud?
- The LEFT and RIGHT side earbud can be your master earbud, so either bud can be used in Mono Mode (one earbud listening).
When on a call or listening to my content, will I hear audio in one or both earbuds?
- SESH® EVO has stereo calling and streaming so you’ll always hear the caller or your content in both ears.
- Although, you do have the option to use only one earbud (left or right side) if you prefer mono mode in some situations.
Can I use Siri/Google Assistant/Alexa with my SESH® EVO?
- When paired to your device, you can press the LEFT or RIGHT bud 3x to activate your voice assistant feature at any time.
Can I use SESH® EVO for sports or working out?
- Yes! SESH® EVO is sweat, water, and dust resistant (IP55).
PLEASE BE SURE TO REACH OUT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE BEFORE FILING A CLAIM, WE CAN LIKELY HELP YOU QUICKLY TROUBLESHOOT AND SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM
What happens if my earbuds break or are lost?
- If it is a manufacturer's defect, Skullcandy has you covered with a 1-Year Limited Warranty.
- If one bud or the charging case is broken or goes missing, please make use of our Fearless Use™ Promise.